The Paper Mouse Atelier
Calligraphy: Let’s Get Started | Adults
01/26/20 Sunday | 1:00pm - 4:00pm
03/01/20 Sunday | 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Number of Sessions: 1
Age Group: Ages 18+
Instructor: Felix Fu
Get started in learning the basics of calligraphy! In this class, students will be introduced to the strokes and movements that form the basis of beautiful handwriting, and learn to begin their own writing practice. With a focus on understanding letter forms, students will practice observing and creating letters and will learn how gaining an understanding of their forms allows us to write with more confidence and flow. Students will also be introduced to the materials of calligraphy and begin to get familiar with different pens, inks and papers.
The class includes all the materials you’ll need to continue at home:
- 2 pen holders (one oblique and one straight holder)
- 2 high-quality nibs
- 1 jar of ink
- 1 Rhodia practice notepad
- 2 master alphabet sheets with all 26 letters (upper & lowercase) plus numbers
Already learned the basics? Join us at our Calligraphy Practice Meetup to keep exercising your skills.
Download at-home practice materials by clicking here. The zip file includes:
- Three calligraphy line guides, with different writing angles. These sheets can be printed on letter size paper, and written on directly.
- A line guide for writing in envelopes. You can print this sheet, insert it into your envelope, and use trace your letters over it.
- A writing sample of Joyce Kilmer's poem "Trees"